* SENIOR FORMULATION SCIENTIST APPLY NOW
Life as a Senior Formulation Scientist
To support the business expansion, our R&D Team now needs an additional team member to join our amazing journey and contribute to the development of innovative skincare products. Our goal is always to excite our customers and deliver ‘Beautiful Skin for Life’.
Medik8 is a leading skincare brand who will soon be dominating the globe. We develop all of our products in-house and we’re driving deeper research and increasing the latest technologies, actives and innovation to keep Medik8 incomparable against the market and a trailblazer in the skincare industry.
We'll be almost doubling in size this year and will soon be upscaling to a brand new innovation centre with one of the most technological skincare suited labs, large and impressive manufacturing rooms and a top efficient logistics site.
Why you cannot miss this opportunity
As a Senior Formulation Scientist at Medik8 you will be our high-end formulation Guru that delivers award winning products and solutions; you will work very close to our Chief Product Officer - Daniel Isaacs - and with a super friendly passionate R&D Team.
You will have a focus on developing new innovation that keeps Medik8 at the cutting edge of our specialist areas of formulation and skin science.
Your role in detail:
- Develop high-level formulas for personal care applications based on marketing specification and best solutions.
- Source and test raw materials offering a professional judgement with the aim to evaluate and develop new products and technologies.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting advice to the relevant teams.
- Deliver strong and high-standard techdocs to support product rollouts.
- Collaborate with external parties during defined projects and proactively in order to maximise potential opportunities.
We would really like to hear from you, if you have..
- A relevant degree or PhD (biochemistry, formulation science)
- Advanced expertise in analytical chemistry
- Advanced expertise in sunscreen formulation is an advantage
- Advanced expertise in vitamin C and vitamin A formulation and biochemistry is an advantage
Medik8 is one of the fastest-growing skincare brands, focused on science-based skin ageing products centered around the “CSA Philosophy”. At Medik8, we have a rich and distinct culture that sets us apart from ordinary companies. We foster innovation and celebrate highly-driven & super-loyal people. We are full of amazing ideas and positively embrace change. Our teams enjoy the challenges, satisfaction and rewards that come with getting things done to very high standards.
We are growing fast. After seeing incredible growth over the last few years, we have just received a very important external investment that will allow us to grow even faster, to innovate the future and to take on the world with our award winning products in all the categories.
This will be a very busy and sometimes quite challenging role but it will also be a lot of fun and you will learn a lot.
Culture & Benefits
We are proud of our dynamic culture - we are built on innovation, ambition and amazing ideas. Driven by continuous improvement, we constantly adapt to smarter ways of working. We have an unwavering passion for our brand and our customers - our ultimate goal being to deliver skincare products you love, trust and believe in.
We have an exciting and friendly environment and believe that our people are our strength. Our teams are thrilled by the challenges, satisfaction and rewards that come with getting things done to a very high standard at all times and in all areas of the business. If that sounds like you then come and join our journey!
Health & Wellbeing
- Wellbeing contribution - up to £750 a year in wellbeing activities
- Wellbeing Room - The office has a private room where you can meditate, pray, or just take a few minutes for yourself
- Mental Health Support - we have mental health first aiders in the business
- Private Medical Insurance cover from 25% to 100% including family
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vision Vouchers
- Up to 30 days AL excluding bank holidays
- Birthday lay-in
- Up to 75% products discount for you, family & friends
- Up to £250 product voucher
- Company quarterly bonus scheme
- Work anniversary bonus up to £4,000
- Chromebook + a supersize screen
- Referral bonus
- Monthly Payday events
- Regular team building away days
- Tight-knit company feel
- Company-wide communications platform
- Quarterly all-hands meeting held by our CEO
- Always celebrating everyone's successes
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Medik8 is a brand owned by Pangaea Laboratories.
We are an equal opportunities employer, have a diverse workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK . No agencies or publications please.
Min experience required: 4 years
Job ID: 11/0411/SFS