* JUNIOR FORMULATION SCIENTIST APPLY NOW
Life as a Junior Formulation Scientist
You will be part of the amazing journey of one of the most innovative skincare brands in the market - Medik8.
As a Junior Formulation Scientist, you will be responsible for creating state of the art formulas for new and award winning products. You will help us to keep striving for excellence and creating a culture that inspires, motivates and develops everyone to the highest potential.
Why you cannot miss this opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity to join our home-grown, family run brand where everything is made in house, on site, in our state of the art Lab and ISO certified manufacturing facility.
Every year our in-house R&D Team develops award winning products which are sold in some of the most premium retailers, etailers and professional channels.
You’ll have the chance to work close to our Senior and Head of Formulation scientists and learn new things every single day.
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are extremely important to us.
Your role in detail:
- Develops formulas for personal care applications based on target specification.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting advice to the relevant teams.
- Delivers strong technical documents to support product roll-outs.
- Always considers cost reduction and product performance improvement in all projects in hand.
We would love to hear from you if...
- Have a related degree qualification
- Have at least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Are someone keen, quick to learn, who can work independently
- Are experienced in deadline-driven environments with ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Have a hands-on, practical approach to creating innovative solutions, passionate about skincare.
Medik8 is one of the fastest-growing skincare brands, focused on science-based skin ageing products centered around the “CSA Philosophy”. At Medik8, we have a rich and distinct culture that sets us apart from ordinary companies. We foster innovation and celebrate highly-driven & super-loyal people. We are full of amazing ideas and positively embrace change. Our teams enjoy the challenges, satisfaction and rewards that come with getting things done to very high standards.
We are growing fast. After seeing incredible growth over the last few years, we have just received a very important external investment that will allow us to grow even faster, to innovate the future and to take on the world with our award winning products in all the categories.
This will be a very busy and sometimes quite challenging role but it will also be a lot of fun and you will learn a lot.
Culture & Benefits
We are proud of our dynamic culture - we are built on innovation, ambition and amazing ideas. Driven by continuous improvement, we constantly adapt to smarter ways of working. We have an unwavering passion for our brand and our customers - our ultimate goal being to deliver skincare products you love, trust and believe in.
We have an exciting and friendly environment and believe that our people are our strength. Our teams are thrilled by the challenges, satisfaction and rewards that come with getting things done to a very high standard at all times and in all areas of the business. If that sounds like you then come and join our journey!
Health & Wellbeing
- Wellbeing contribution - up to £750 a year in wellbeing activities
- Wellbeing Room - The office has a private room where you can meditate, pray, or just take a few minutes for yourself
- Mental Health Support - we have mental health first aiders in the business
- Private Medical Insurance cover from 25% to 100% including family
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vision Vouchers
- Up to 30 days AL excluding bank holidays
- Birthday lay-in
- Up to 75% products discount
- Up to £250 product voucher
- Company quarterly bonus scheme
- Work anniversary bonus up to £4,000
- Chromebook + a supersize screen
- Referral bonus
- Monthly Payday events
- Regular team building away days
- Tight-knit company feel
- Company-wide communications platform
- Quarterly all-hands meeting held by our CEO
- Always celebrating everyone's successes
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Medik8 is a brand owned by Pangaea Laboratories.
We are an equal opportunities employer, have a diverse workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK . No agencies or publications please.
Min experience required: 2 years
Job ID: 11/0411/JFS