* In-House Legal Commerical Counsel - GDPR Specialism - PQE3+ APPLY NOW
Are you a 3 year PQE+ solicitor seeking the opportunity to work in-house with greater autonomy? To be our expert on certain legal areas of the business and support our Head of Legal (ex blue chip retailers).
Headquartered in Hertfordshire, UK - Medik8 (Pangaea Laboratories Limited) is one of the world’s fastest-growing skincare brands having recently secured substantial investment from private equity to fuel product innovation, international expansion and multi-channel growth. Medik8 is challenging the traditional beauty industry with its unique philosophy and cutting edge technologies.
Unlike most of our competitors, we are fully vertically integrated with a 120+ team in each function of the business. We like to do everything in-house and recruit like-minded people to join us who have that passion for excellence. We believe we can innovate in legal and build value with efficient systems, risk management and innovative drafting to give life to our industry-disrupting business models.
This role will work with the Founder and report directly to our Head of Legal.
You have a natural talent for
- Commercial law with a focus on business transactions, drafting, negotiation, IP and data protection
- Fastidious organisation, attention to detail with incredible precision
- Communicating with bullet-point clarity to legally sophisticated management
Crucial personal attributes
- Team player with a collaborative approach to skills, learning and development
- Extremely bright, quick thinking with excellent logical reasoning
- Highly organised workflow, with joined up methodical approach
- Excellent reviewing and crisp drafting skills
General areas of work you will support
- Data protection compliance and policy
- International cosmetics distribution using the Medik8 distribution model template
- Advising on commercial agreements of all varieties that the businesses may encounter (including the purchasing of goods or services from third parties, intellectual property licences, agency and distribution agreements - including their operation and the like)
- Terms and conditions (consumer law)
- Conditions of sale and NDA’s (B2B)
- IP, including brand protection, oversight of the portfolio and working with trade mark attorneys on international matters - you will work with external specialist lawyers but must know the area
- Joint venture projects and supply agreements
- Cosmetic regulatory compliance (final sign off with external expertise on call)
Specialism you must have expertise in
- Negotiating business relationships (drafting and negotiation of agreements)
- Data protection, privacy and cookie law
- Dealing with SDARs and Right to be Forgotten requests
- Maintaining our policies with respect to GDPR etc.
While not requirements, these extra attributes will be an advantage:
- Knowledge (or interest in) cosmetic regulatory compliance
- Private practice training
- Some employment law knowledge
- Exposure to private equity, M&A and corporate
- Your jurisdictional expertise will be in English law but exposure to US and Australia commercial law will be an advantage.
Culture & Benefits
We are proud of our dynamic culture - we are built on innovation, ambition and amazing ideas. Driven by continuous improvement, we are constantly adapting to smarter ways of working.
We have an unwavering passion for our brand and our customers - our ultimate goal being to deliver skincare products you love, trust and believe in.
We have an exciting and friendly environment and believe that our people are our strength. Our teams are thrilled by the challenges, satisfaction and rewards that come with getting things done to a very high standard at all times and in all areas of the business.
Health & Wellbeing
- Wellbeing contribution - up to £750 a year in wellbeing activities
- Wellbeing Room - The office has a private room where you can meditate, pray, or just take a few minutes for yourself
- Mental Health Support - we have mental health first aiders in the business
- Private Medical Insurance cover from 25% to 100% including family
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vision Vouchers
- Up to 30 days AL excluding bank holidays
- Birthday lay-in
- Up to 75% products discount
- Up to £250 product voucher
- Company quarterly bonus scheme
- Work anniversary bonus up to £4,000
- Chromebook + a supersize screen
- Referral bonus
- Monthly Payday events
- Regular team building away days
- Tight-knit company feel
- Company-wide communications platform
- Quarterly all-hands meeting held by our CEO
- Always celebrating everyone's successes
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Medik8 is a brand owned by Pangaea Laboratories.
We are an equal opportunities employer, have a diverse workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK . No agencies or publications please.
Min experience required: 3 years
Job ID: 10/1110/ILCC