* HEAD OF REGULATORY AFFAIRS APPLY NOW
Life as a Head of Regulatory Affairs
This is an incredibly exciting time to join our pack at Medik8. We are growing quickly. We will soon be a global professional skincare Brand that provides people with Beautiful Skin for Life.
Reporting to our Chief Product Officer, you will be our expert in market compliance needs, using your expansive knowledge to proactively detect and act on eventual risks and guaranteeing we will be ready at all times to roll out our ambitious strategy for our brands in all markets.
You will support the Leadership team and the wider teams to implement the right regulatory approach. Being the primary point of contact for internal and external regulatory expertise, you will lead a global regulatory function, driving and implementing the regulatory strategies and you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and products.
Why you cannot miss this opportunity
At Medik8 we develop all of our products in-house and, after receiving an important external investment, we will have a brand new innovation centre where we will drive deeper research and increase the latest technologies, actives and innovation to keep Medik8 incomparable against the market and a trailblazer in the skincare industry.
This is a great opportunity for you to leverage a broad internal and external network to ensure a robust regulatory horizon scanning process is in place to enable Medik8 to maximise the benefit of new & evolving policy/legislation changes.
With this role comes great responsibility, but don’t worry - you are not on your own. You will be part of an exciting growth journey, working with Medik8’s wider teams and you will build friends for life.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Builds technical regulatory knowledge base for Medik8, to ensure full product compliance in each territory; presenting compliance strategies related to ''grey areas' of regulation.
- Oversees regulatory processes within product development including ingredient checks, formulation reviews, PIF creation and product registrations.
- Advises on international labelling regulations and proposes optimum labelling strategies for international compliance; approving applicable sections of product artworks.
- Asses and facilitates regulatory needs and requests for existing and new customers as well as internal teams; providing relevant compliance advice.
- Oversees the cosmetovigilance process, ensuring that adverse effects are investigated and resolved efficiently.
We would love to hear from you if you have..
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role, with international product registration process.
- A strong understanding of UK/EU and International Cosmetic regulations (in particular, US/FDA, Australia/TGA).
- A university Business or Law degree or a degree in cosmetic science, chemical engineering, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or similar.
- A passion for the cosmetics industry and products, we expect you to be passionate about the work we do.
- A excellent communication skills and understand the importance of delivering on time and accurately to our customers and working to internal deadlines.
We believe that our People make Medik8 who we are.
They are our most valuable asset and sit at the heart of everything we do. We have huge ambitions across the globe, and it’s essential that we’re able to recruit, onboard, develop, support, engage and retain the right talent.
We will soon be a global professional skincare brand that provides people with Beautiful Skin for Life. Our teams will double in size in a few months and we will have a brand new innovation centre where we will drive deeper research and increase the latest technologies, actives and innovation to keep Medik8 incomparable against the market and a trailblazer in the skincare industry.
What the team says..
"A great working environment with driven teams all trying to achieve the same objectives. Superb culture as we participate in 4 synergy events per year including payday events. Senior management are extremely hands-on and we have open communication across departments."
Culture & Benefits
We are proud of our dynamic culture - we are built on innovation, ambition and amazing ideas. Driven by continuous improvement, we constantly adapt to smarter ways of working. We have an unwavering passion for our brand and our customers - our ultimate goal being to deliver skincare products you love, trust and believe in.
We have an exciting and friendly environment and believe that our people are our strength. Our teams are thrilled by the challenges, satisfaction and rewards that come with getting things done to a very high standard at all times and in all areas of the business. If that sounds like you then come and join our journey!
Health & Wellbeing
- Wellbeing contribution - up to £750 a year in wellbeing activities
- Wellbeing Room - The office has a private room where you can meditate, pray, or just take a few minutes for yourself
- Mental Health Support - we have mental health first aiders in the business
- Private Medical Insurance cover from 25% to 100% including family
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vision Vouchers
- Up to 30 days AL excluding bank holidays
- Birthday lay-in
- Up to 75% products discount
- Up to £250 product voucher
- Company quarterly bonus scheme
- Work anniversary bonus up to £4,000
- Chromebook + a supersize screen
- Referral bonus
- Monthly Payday events
- Regular team building away days
- Tight-knit company feel
- Company-wide communications platform
- Quarterly all-hands meeting held by our CEO
- Always celebrating everyone's successes
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Medik8 is a brand owned by Pangaea Laboratories.
We are an equal opportunities employer, have a diverse workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK . No agencies or publications please.
Min experience required: 5 years
Job ID: 11/1211/HORA