* HEAD OF DATA ENGINEERING APPLY NOW
We are on an unstoppable journey of growth and are looking for people who want to go beyond with us on what will be an incredibly exciting talent revolution. As a Head of Data Engineering you will join our newly created Data team, working very close to inspirational, international and talented people across the business.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader in data engineering who will help us with the expansion of the business, someone who has managed teams of engineers and managers before, and who can help shape the vision and roadmap of the data team.
You will work in an ambitious fast growing company, where every day brings new challenges and opportunities to have a significant contribution to business goals.
Why is this an opportunity you cannot miss?
You'll be instrumental in driving a culture of positive progression for your engineering team of 5 people, bringing proven domain knowledge and you'll have the commercial ability to generate value from data coupled with the ability to influence stakeholders around the use of data.
The Head of Data Engineering will be pivotal in assessing our architecture; you will be working very close to the Chief Technology Officer and the Chief Financial Officer, and you’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next, and you will be part of an amazing journey where you can make a meaningful impact.
Your role in detail:
- Owns all data tools feeding to and from the data warehouse.
- Enables seamless interactions with all different levels and data streams.
- Guarantees all interfaces are friendly and adapted to the user.
- Develops high performance data that produce tangible business value and further enable our data driven approach.
- Installs in the data team both commercial thinking and a willingness to always provide extra-level reporting to any area of the business.
- Coaches, mentors and leads the wider user teams, driving continuous improvement and adoption of information-driven decisions.
We would really like to hear from you, if..
- You have the technical competence, communication skills and experience required to coach the other members of your team on all of them.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- You have experience in how data is consumed and shared across different teams in an organisation. You'll proactively identify and share opportunities to use data to solve problems across the organisation.
- You have expertise using SQL and R or Python.
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
Medik8 is one of the fastest-growing skincare brands, focused on science-based skin ageing products centered around the “CSA Philosophy”. At Medik8, we have a rich and distinct culture that sets us apart from ordinary companies. We foster innovation and celebrate highly-driven & super-loyal people. We are full of amazing ideas and positively embrace change. Our teams enjoy the challenges, satisfaction and rewards that come with getting things done to very high standards.
We are growing fast. After seeing incredible growth over the last few years, we have just received a very important external investment that will allow us to grow even faster, to innovate the future and to take on the world with our award winning products in all the categories.
This will be a very busy and sometimes quite challenging role but it will also be a lot of fun and you will learn a lot.
Culture & Benefits
We are proud of our dynamic culture - we are built on innovation, ambition and amazing ideas. Driven by continuous improvement, we constantly adapt to smarter ways of working. We have an unwavering passion for our brand and our customers - our ultimate goal being to deliver skincare products you love, trust and believe in.
We have an exciting and friendly environment and believe that our people are our strength. Our teams are thrilled by the challenges, satisfaction and rewards that come with getting things done to a very high standard at all times and in all areas of the business. If that sounds like you then come and join our journey!
Health & Wellbeing
- Wellbeing contribution - up to £750 a year in wellbeing activities
- Wellbeing Room - The office has a private room where you can meditate, pray, or just take a few minutes for yourself
- Mental Health Support - we have mental health first aiders in the business
- Private Medical Insurance cover from 25% to 100% including family
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vision Vouchers
- Up to 30 days AL excluding bank holidays
- Birthday lay-in
- Up to 75% products discount
- Up to £250 product voucher
- Company quarterly bonus scheme
- Work anniversary bonus up to £4,000
- Chromebook + a supersize screen
- Referral bonus
- Monthly Payday events
- Regular team building away days
- Tight-knit company feel
- Company-wide communications platform
- Quarterly all-hands meeting held by our CEO
- Always celebrating everyone's successes
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Medik8 is a brand owned by Pangaea Laboratories.
We are an equal opportunities employer, have a diverse workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications please.
Min experience required: 4 years
Job ID: 11/2511/HODE
|||Elstree|||Data Team ||||||RjH8LvLDYyDWKhdt|||FULL_TIME|||GBP|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false